Achieving Business Value from Technology: A Practical Guide by Tony Murphy PDF
By Tony Murphy
PRAISE FOR ACHIEVING enterprise worth FROM TECHNOLOGY
"Clearly, IT investments have by no means prior to performed this kind of serious half in enterprise development. The e-book addresses the weak point latest in so much administration platforms regarding the inability of a scientific method to gain the industrial merits of the IT funding and gives a transparent A-Z technique for enterprise to bridge this hole. This publication is obviously written for all degrees and backgrounds in company administration and is a must-do for these whose company consists of IT, is thinking about IT, or wish to considerably tailor IT investments for his or her financial advantage."
—Professor Richard P. Wool, college of Delaware, President and CEO, Cara Plastics Inc.
"Tony Murphy addresses the tough query of the price of IT investments head on. He interprets a sublime thought into potent perform. The case reviews within the e-book successfully strengthen his key messages."
—Dr. Dermot Moynihan, Senior vice chairman, around the world Chemical improvement, GlaxoSmithKline
"This ebook is the reply to so much CIOs' want for a well-structured, pragmatic, and simply carried out set of instruments and practices designed to respond to the common challenge of dealing with and measuring it really is contribution to the company. Tony Murphy's specific combination of useful adventure, most sensible perform, and perfect communique abilities offers the reader with a valuable-and hugely readable-guide on how most sensible to accomplish that elusive target of reliably figuring out the enterprise advantages of IT investments."
—Michael Rice, oup Director of IT, Kerry workforce plc
"At Oxfam we're three hundred and sixty five days right into a three-year IT procedure in keeping with the rules Tony Murphy lays out during this publication, and there's a actual, optimistic distinction in the way it is perceived, and in its genuine strategic place in the association. when you've got ever puzzled simply how one can achieve strategic alignment on your IT functionality, after which tips to make the sensible hyperlink to IT funding for the association, Tony has supplied a framework that joins them both."
—Simon Jennings, Head of knowledge platforms, Oxfam GB
Read Online or Download Achieving Business Value from Technology: A Practical Guide for Today's Executive PDF
Similar strategic planning books
To speculate or to not make investments? enterprise leaders often are confronted with this question on new and ongoing tasks. The problem lies in figuring out what initiatives to decide on, extend, agreement, defer, or abandon. The undertaking valuation instruments utilized in this approach are very important to creating the suitable judgements. conventional instruments akin to discounted money flow/net current worth think a "fixed" course forward.
After greater than a decade of British club of the ecu neighborhood, there's nonetheless a common loss of appreciation of what is going on in the group associations, and of its importance for united kingdom political and criminal methods. This publication goals to supply a concise creation to the associations and law-making approaches of the group, and to set them im their right viewpoint as a part of united kingdom public legislations.
Strategic making plans is a clean method of PR. An method that's fact-based and clinical, sincerely providing the arguments for a crusade suggestion subsidized with facts. This crucial record presents an advent to the 'new' subject of strategic making plans in public family members. the purpose is to supply you with beneficial counsel and strategies to enhance your PR and crusade making plans.
In response to 4 a long time of expertise and examine, Navigating Strategic judgements: the facility of Sound research and Forecasting explains the right way to enhance the decision-making technique on your association by utilizing larger long term forecasts and selection aid. packed with time-tested methodologies and versions, it will give you the instruments to set up the association, tactics, equipment, and strategies required for studying and forecasting strategic judgements.
- Strategic Reconfigurations: Building Dynamics Capabilities in Rapid Innovation-Based Industries
- Capitalism at the Crossroads: The Unlimited Business Opportunities in Solving the World's Most Difficult Problems
- European Collaboration in Research and Development: Business Strategy and Public Policy
- Strategic Management and Organisational Dynamics: The Challenge of Complexity, 6th Edition
- The Extra Mile: How to Engage Your People to Win
Additional resources for Achieving Business Value from Technology: A Practical Guide for Today's Executive
1. Strategic Alignment: The alignment of IT investment strategy with the realization of the organization’s business goals and objectives. 2. Business Process Impact: The impact on the requirement for the company to redesign business processes, more closely integrate the supply chain, or similar processintensive initiatives. 3. Architecture: The integration, scalability, and resilience of the databases, operating systems, applications, and networks that the company has and/or plans to implement.
1. ➤ The Secretive Bank In relation to the bank and the data warehouse, the problem here was undoubtedly a disconnect between high-level business planning (that is, strategy) and the IT investment process. Top management took the view that having allocated the financial and technical resources, their job was done in relation to this project apart from occasional updates on progress. But, as we saw, this disconnect undermined the rationale for the whole project. ➤ Silo Myopia The second bank’s data warehousing project also failed, but for different reasons.
Again, Industrial Age thinking for Information Age problems. This is not to say that such methods do not have a role. ROI, based on realistic cost benefit analysis, is, particularly when discounted, a vital component of most evaluation exercises. However, it is only one component. The problem today is that the formalized evaluation process in so many organizations continues to rely on these methods—in particular, the costbenefit analysis (CBA)—alone. The CBA has severe limitations that need to be recognized.
Achieving Business Value from Technology: A Practical Guide for Today's Executive by Tony Murphy